Thank you for your interest in 45th Parallel Wines. We are a retail bottle shop, with a small wine bar, located in the North Portland neighborhood of St Johns. We carry wine, beer, and cider from around the world, but are focused on highlighting unique wines from all corners of Oregon. This state is capable of producing great wines from varietals other than Pinot Noir and there are many interesting regions growing grapes outside of the Willamette Valley. We primarily work with independent, sustainably minded producers.
As Oregonians, we were beer drinkers long before we were wine drinkers. We try to keep a thoughtful, although small, selection of beers and cider in the bottle as well as on draft. St Johns is a small community with a supportive group of small businesses. If we don’t have what you’re looking for, we can probably refer you to some of our friends in the neighborhood who might.
A few notes about our space...
- Our space is family friendly, aside from the 4 seats at our bar.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to allow pets, but service animals are always welcome.
- We do not have a kitchen so we are not serving food. However, we have a selection of cheeses, charcuterie and snacks for sale that you are welcome to enjoy while you are here. You are also welcome to bring in food from one of our many local restaurants.
- We have a small, but growing, reference library with books on many beverage related topics. You are welcome to come in and read them, but please return them to the shelf when you are finished.
- We work with most of the distributors in the city and are happy to place special orders, just tell us what you are interested in and we can try to track it down
- We offer 10% discounts on full case purchases.
A few things we believe about wine...
- If it stresses you out - have a drink and relax
- If you feel like you don't know enough about wine to enjoy it - drink some
- If someone makes you feel like you don't know enough about wine - they're doing it wrong
- If you hate wine - drink a beer
- If you love wine - drink a beer
See you soon,
Matt & Shannon